I arrived here safe and sound. My family picked me up at the airport and right when I got in the car I put on my seatbelt. I was made fun of instantly. NO ONE wears a seatbelt here. {Sorry for typing errorsand space bar errors, the keyboardis bad} I understand a lot of what is being said and especially when it is about me.
It´s very different here. It is the ¨hole´´of the mountains. It´s very flat and HOT, but dry. For fun the teenagers drive around and around and around and around. I was in a car driving in a big circle around the main street for three hours. We went around and around and around and no one spoke English in the car and they couldn´t understand my bad Spanish, so we stuck with one to four word phrases.
I had to wake up at 6 a.m., so very early, for school this morning. It was interesting. All 36 of the kids in my class stay in the same roomand the teachers move. I had history, english, biology, and philosophy. I understood that history was about the past presidents today and no one really likes the teacher. I haven´t any idea what philosophy was about, my host dad called him flackita which means really skinny, which he was. English was interesting because they keptasking me if it was correct because the bookwas always wrong and my classmates would ask me for the correct answer before gonig to the board. Then, I´m not sure what happened in biology. Everyone kept talking. And that is my first 3 days in a nutshell.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dad, you don´t have to sign things guess who because it says your name right on the comments
Post a Comment