I had a lot of work to do on my presentation. I finally presented it Thursday night at the Rotary meeting. It wasn't too bad, my Spanish was good and everyone acted like they understood what I was saying, which is pretty cool if you ask me. In my presentation I had a few things about the US, Illinois, Galena and it was mainly about me. I showed lots of pictures of my friends and family. I had a picture of all of my cousins at Christmas time last year and I said and "these are my cousins" and in the bottom right hand corner of the picture is Henry. Henry is a former student of my Grandma Newton's who comes to Galena for Christmas. Henry looks a little different than the rest of my family, considering he's African-American. Then I said, "Okay, so he's not my cousin." So that was a funny part.
During the dinner part of the meeting I sat across from my first host dad. Now this was a mistake considering he's like a child and likes to throw things at me and call me "Miss Newton" Then my first host mom has to tell us to calm down. Good times...

Susie and Pedro are my new host parents

Martin and Elena were my first host parents
Friday I went around and around and around with Cristy. Saturday I didn't do too much. I went for a walk with my host mom. I try to do that every day, she goes, and I’m not usually doing anything so I might as well exercise.
Saturday night I went around and around and around and then to the disco. Now, I guess, the disco will be open every Saturday night. When I first got here it was only open for 15-parties and special discos like when there was a band playing. Now they have remodeled it and it was closed for 6 weeks. I'm not sure how long the discos will last every Saturday night. There were quite a few people there last night but not a whole lot. A couple years ago they did discos every week, but eventually they had to close down because not enough people were coming. So, we'll see.
I'm pretty excited about the next few weeks.
1) MY BIRTHDAY, which doesn't exist, but celebrating nevertheless.
2) Next week, I believe there's a conference in Monterrey where a few exchangers will be!
3) My birthday weekend in Monterrey!!!!!!
4) A 5 day trip with all the exchange students :)
Time is going by so fast!
I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. It's a nice day; it's been very nice for the past few days. Like 70º-80º, sun, and a nice breeze. I'm outside typing this, so I am taking advantage. Actually my little brother is about 20 feet away from me throwing garden tools and sticks. I'm afraid that I will be hit.
If I survive, I'll write again later. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment