Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Beautiful Weather and Jane the Basketball star

Hi! I thought I'd write something really quick. Yesterday I had school and it was incredibly boring! But now I don't have school until the 26, so it's all good.
Today I packed a lot for my trip, although it doesn't look like it, I did. Then I made about 150 cookies. Some for my host family, some for my first host family and most of them for the trip. I walked to my first host family's house at about 3 and it was incredibly HOT, it was like a shock, but right now the weather is so nice. It's about 75ยบ with a breeze.
Yesterday in school some girls told me that the school basketball team was going to play tonight. (Who knew there was a basketball team?? They don't practice and this was their first game.) They invited me to play because I'm tall and I mentioned in the beginning of the year that I played baskeball in high school. I told them that I wasn't very good and I'd show up if I could. Well as it turns out, I could and so I went and showed up in time to start and as it turns out, I was the star of the game. I scored over half of our team's points. That would be 5 of 7 points: two baskets and a free-throw. However, we lost big time, the other team wasn't all that great, just better than us and plus my team isn't very good. I learned that I am very out of shape, but I played the whole game and that was a whopping 30 minutes. I'm not entirely sure why I spent the majority of my four years of playing basketball on the bench. Oh well, that's a different story for a different time.
I leave tomorrow for my trip and I'm very excited. I found my book and it said very little about where I'm going. It said there are lots of forests, hills, some mountains and it's very lush. So I think it will be awesome, I'm very excited. If I have a chance to update while I'm there, I will do so.

2 comments:

E.M. Herbert said...

Have a wonderful trip, Jane. I'll be thinking about you. I look forward to hearing about it and seeing your pictures when you get back.

Jane Newton said...

Hi Ellen, thanks for the trip wishes. As it turns out, Lieke received an e-mail in which I did not. I'm very happy she came over here this morning becaus this e-mail told me to bring quite a few things I was not aware of. Things like a bathing suit and towel! Wow, I'm very excited! I'm going to be tired though because we arrive at 3:30 AM!!! THen the touring starts at 9. No sleep for Jane!