
Yummy pudding cookies and Cap'n Crunch
I found out Friday morning that Torben (from Germany) was in Monterrey and then invited Torben, Jeremie, Philipp from Austria and Philipp from Germany to come to Sabinas from Saturday to Sunday to hang out. So I called them Friday night to confirm plans and then they told me to come to Monterrey for Saturday and Sunday. I said I'll see what I can do. So I called Jean and Liliana in the morning and they said it was ok that I could sleep at their house at night. So I went to Monterrey and it was very cool. Jeremie, The Philipps, a friend of Philipp's, Torben and I all met at Jean and Liliana's house and then left for a disco. It was a very good night.

Birthday Crepes

Before going out

At the disco
Sunday I had lunch with Jean and Liliana at Liliana's parent's house. Very good food, as always. They also had a HUGE cat. I don't think I've ever seen a cat so big.
My week was relatively uneventful. I went to Laredo on Wednesday again with my host mom and host cousin. Uneventful, yet fun.
Thursday I got my haircut and that was fun, then I got ready to go to Monterrey for the weekend. On Friday I left after lunch for Monterrey. I had a great weekend.
I met Sietke from Holland and Linda from Sweden (Sietke and Linda came a few weeks ago to Sabinas and Linda came to Sabinas for New Year's) and Jean came and picked us up at the bus station. Then at Jean and Liliana's house we hung out and ate black bread (Linda's favorite, she thought it wasn't possible to have black bread in Mexico. Jean then informed her that everything is possible in Mexico) so Jean made her black bread and we whipped out the Nutella, jelly, cheese and honey for the bread (not all together, but separately). Jeremie joined us and soon followed Torben, the Philipps, and one of the Philipp's girlfriend came over and we had an awesome dinner: Pork, veggies, rice, and salad. Very good as always.
This weekend was actually to celebrate my birthday (9 days late) we went to Nachos and Gangas and it rocked. We had a table this time and a little area to hang out. It just plain rocked. When we decided to leave we went outside to find a taxi and no taxis were to be found. After a half hour a taxi came and we returned to the house.

Off to Nachos

Jeremie and me

Torben, me, and Philipp Alto
Saturday we enjoyed movie with two more Swedish girls. Elin, who lives in Monterrey and the other Swedish girl, was an exchange student who lives in Vera Cruz. The son from Elin's Mexican family lives in Sweden with this girl's family, so she came to Monterrey to visit for a week. We saw the movie Music and Lyrics. I liked it a lot. It was the most bizarre thing because we were one Dutch girl, me, and then three Swedish girls and we're in Mexico. The three Swedish girls were talking in English. I think this is weird. Why wouldn't they speak in Swedish???? Oh well...
Saturday night Jeremie invited us to his house to have chips and cupcakes and drinks and then invited us to one of this friend's birthday parties. The party was uneventful and kind of boring, however it was fun to hang out and talk with each other and meet a few of Jeremie's friends.
Sunday we woke up and ate oatmeal, yummy. Then I wrote some letter in English for Jean and Liliana and after we made peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Jean made us chicken for lunch and then Linda and Sietke and Linda went back to Saltillo and I waited for my host dad to pick me up.

Sietke and me making cookies

Linda, Sietke and me
I found out last week that my school will be in exams this Wednesday until next Friday so I don't have to go. Luckily there's a Rotary trip over that time. Then after the trip I plan on staying with some exchange friends in their city.
So trip time! I'm going to a place called the Huasteca Potosina and Ciudad Valles. I don't know too much about the area. I haven't had a chance to look in my Mexico book about the area (it's in a box from when I changed houses) so hopefully I'll find it today or tomorrow before I go. I'll fill you in on everything when I get back.
I would just like everyone to admire my green thumb. Okay, I haven't done so much and they're dying, but they're hanging in there. These are the flowers Aunt Mary and Meghan sent me for my birthday. (oh and I forgot to wish Aunt Mary a Happy Birthday on my blog!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late)!!!!!)

After one week

After 10 days
Impressed????
Oh and leave me comments!!! I LOVE COMMENTS!!

3 comments:
haha, I know that kitchen.
Y: Todo es posible en Mexico.......
(I removed the first one b/c my spelling was SOOO bad)
Here's a comment!! It sounds like you're having fun. It sounds like you're making more cookies than Grandma Shirley these days.
Post a Comment