Sunday, May 27, 2007

back...

Nothing too new here.
I didn't go out Saturday night when I got back from the trip. Considering I had spent 23 hours on a bus and then slept most of the day, I didn't feel it was necessary, plus, it was raining. Sunday I went to church with my family and then to a birthday party at the bowling alley. It was fun. My first host parents were there and then a lot of the people that I met at the Day of the Child party a few weeks ago were there too.


My first host dad Martin and my third host dad Fernando at the party.

I went back to school last Monday and it was really boring. Lieke and I left early because there were two classes and then the rest of the day was tests. So that was eventful.
Then Tuesday was normal. That night Lieke had a little birthday party for herself. It was with her host mom's friends, so it was fun to meet some new people and eat cake!
Wednesday I got to go to Monterrey because my friend Sietke from Holland who lives in Saltillo came to Monterrey. We went to see a movie (The Perfect Stranger) and then out at night. It was actually pretty interesting. A friend of mine told us that we had to go to a place called La Havana in Barrio Antiguo. So we went to Barrio Antiguo and looked and looked and wondered around for 20 minutes trying to find this place and it could not be found. So finally we asked someone and they said La Havana went out of business 6 months ago. Apparently my friend hasn't been there in 6 months either.


Sietke helped Jean make lunch. I thought it was a cute plate.

I was also supposed to meet Cody's host sister there. So Sietke and I went to a restaurant and that was that. I later found out that there's another Havana in another part of Monterrey, and Cody's host sister was there. Such is life.
Thursday I didn't do too much. I went with Liliana to a French lesson she was giving in a place called Chapinque. It's a beautiful place up in the mountians in Monterrey. It's a very upscale and ritzy place. I didn't have my camera with me, but it was beautiful. I'd like to go back up there at night and take pictures of the whole city.
Friday was the long awaited day. I've been waiting for this day since July 7th. Pirates of the Caribbean 3! So very exciting. I went with Philipp from Austria, Elin from Sweden and Jeremie from France. It was great. Then we went out to dinner and after dinner we went our separate ways.


Jeremie and me at the restaurant :)

I went with Elin to a bar called Las Opas, but it was full and it was raining so we walked to Chilis a block away. After Chilis we decided to go to Nachos because it was very close. They told us it was like 3 blocks, so we decided to walk. After walking about 8 blocks, we asked how much farther and it was another 3 blocks. So with blistered feet we arrived and we had a good time.


Elin and me at Nachos

Saturday I met Elin at the mall for an ice cream and then I took a bus back to Sabinas. In Sabinas I met my host mom's parents and then we ordered tacos. Then I went to the Disco with some of my friends.
The Disco wasn't anything extrordinary but it was cool. Todday I have done a whole lot of nothing. I woke up, ate a bowl of cereal, went back to my computer in my bed, ate pizza and am now back in my bed...very eventful!
This is my last week of school. I think I'll make cookies one last time for everyone. Lieke went to San Luis Potosi and she'll be back on Wednesday with the Japonese girl and on Thursday there's a Rotary meeting...we'll just see what the week brings.

No comments: