Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Wicked birthday and spring break! and LOST

I had a birthday this year! It was fabulous!
I had a ten-day celebration. My first thing was I made enchiladas and quesadillas for my friends at my friend, Emily's, house. It was awesome. Number one, I cooked and it tasted good and I had a general good response from it (now, it didn't mean I liked cooking it). Number two, it was just fun to hang out with everyone.


This is Emily expressing how much she LOVED my food!


Whitney and me celebrating my birthday!

I was getting really excited about my birthday and telling everyone about it. People would ask me how old I was going to be, 21? I always want to ask if 21 is evenly divisible by 4, but I refrain.
Now, for the big day!
I spent the night of the 28th at my Grandma's house. The next day it was snowy, which wasn't the greatest because Grandma Newton and I had to drive to Michigan City, Indiana to catch a train into Chicago where we were going to meet Aunt Mary, Aunt Ruthie, And Martha, my mom, and my other grandma. We all met at a hotel and they all said happy birthday to me and it was marvelous!
We went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and I had ravioli, it didn't taste very good, but I had some of Martha's and it was really good. Then we went to WICKED! It was fabulous. I loved it, I can't even describe how great it was. In the morning we celebrated my Aunt Mary's birthday at the sketchy restaurant next to the hotel.


The Vincent Women (with an added Newton)

Spring break was ok. Nothing too exciting happened. I saw a few people, slept, read, whatever. I found a ride back up to school on Saturday, two days before classes started again. My dad had been in England for four weeks and had to be picked up Thursday night in Chicago. I went with my mom to pick Dad up, but I didn't go to the airport, in fact, I didn't even see him until I got home for the summer. Mom and I ate dinner with Kim and Rich. I went home with them and Mom went to the airport.
Something happened while I was at Kim and Riches. I watched my first episode of LOST. It has been the greatest thing, yet a terrible burden on my life. They lent me the whole first season.
Back to my trip. I went from Kim and Rich's in Deerfield into the city. Had coffee with Maggie and then ate lunch with Lonnie, who was the leader of my trips to New York when I was in high school. It's always fun to talk to him. I rode the train back to Aunt Martha's house and spent the night. In the morning I took the train back to Deerfield. One of my friends from school picked me up at the train station and the took me up to school. It was really nice. I was happy one of my parents didn't have to take me up there, less gas and more environmentally friendly!
Anyways...back to LOST. I finished the first season by the end of March. Katie, my roommate, didn't realize what all my fussing over the show was about until she watched it. I totally got her hooked. We borrowed the second season from our neighbors and finished that before finals the last week of April.
Now, I've finished season three. I ordered it from Netflix. I'm watching the fourth season on the computer through abc.com. I totally recommend this to everyone! It's the best show on TV!
I'll be all caught up by season five when it starts in January!
(P.S. If you want to know what to give me for my birthday or Christmas or just because you love me, LOST on DVDs would be an excellent gift...just sayin!)

No comments: