My mom came up and picked me up and all of my junk. It's surprising how much stuff you can accumulate after a while.
Here are a few pictures...

Me, Erin, Becca, and Nate at a formal dance in Kalamazoo.

I went to visit Paul the last weekend of March. I planned this trip when I was with my first roommate. I wanted to be out of the room on weekends as much as possible. I spent five days in Bowling Green, Kentucky. It was interesting to see where Paul went to school and meet some of his frat brothers and friends. I had a good time. I spent a lot of the time watching LOST season one! One of the conditions that I could go was that Paul and I wouldn't fight. I don't think we did. I was happy to get out of Allendale for awhile. The weather was wet, rainy, snowy, and cold. In Kentucky is was warmer and sunnier. It rained, but at least it was warm. It was particularly exciting to go at that time because WKU was in the NCAA basketball tournament. Unfortunately they lost the game I was there, but it's ok...I guess.

This is Tamara. She will be my roommate next January!

This is who I spent most of my second semester with: Sam, Katie (roomie), and Terra.
First semester I am studying abroad. It is called Multi Country: Latin America. I will go to Guanajuato, Mexico; Lima, Peru; and Buenos Aires, Argentina. I will spend 6 weeks in each place. I'm really excited about it. You will hear more about it later.
I added a Latin American Studies minor to my curriculum. As it turns out, I'm taking three classes while abroad that count toward the minor. Then I have to take three other classes. I was planning on taking two of them in the first place. I also am counting my work at then Gazette this summer toward an internship for my Latin American Studies minor. I'm making a special section that will publish bilingually in August. I'm very excited about it. It's a lot of work, but I'm excited to see the final product. I am also taking a Racism and Diversity class through Highland Community College, for a total of 7 credit hours.
Busy Busy Busy summer...

1 comment:
Jane,
I notice that you are going to spend six weeks in Guanajuato. Do you know Jesus Cuellar? He is from Guanajuato. He and his wife, Melinda Van Natta, and three children live in Galena. The two older children attend Galena schools. They may be able to give you some tips about Guanajuato.
I lived in Buenos Aires for about 18 months in 1977 and 1978. I would happy to try to answer any questions you may have about Argentina.
What do you think about the girls from Moldova? I have spent quite a bit of time with them, and I find them to be very sweet but also naive. What is your impression?
Bob Wehrle
Post a Comment