Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer 2008!

Highlights of the summer:
Tim’s Wedding




Brandon and I fed Grandpa's best friends corn cobs and husks after dinner. Brandon stopped feeding them to pose for me and the black cow didn't think that was a good idea. He looks to eat Brandon now.

We went to Michigan for a weekend and stayed at a lake house. It was relaxing and while there we had a cribbage tournament! Unfortunately, Dad won.


A photo from our cribbage tournament.


I met a girl from Mexico online because I am on a Mexican network as well as a Grand Rapids, MI network and she was looking for people in the Grand Rapids area while she worked at a camp near Grand Rapids. She found me and we've been talking. I finally got to meet her and her name is Alejandra!

Funny story....It may be a you had to be there, but I still think it's funny.
Marcin (the Polish guy who lived at my house while I was in Mexico) came back this summer with his brother Bart who had just spent an exchange year in Brazil. Bart knows a few choice phrases in Spanish. So while we were in the car going somewhere it was Sylvia (Grandma's friend) and Bart in the captain seats, and Marcin, Me, and Alejandra in the way back. This is when Bart decides to start saying his choice phrases and I was fine with it and Alejandra was laughing. Marcin then says something to Bart in Polish and then says, "SHE SPEAKS SPANISH??!" (referring to Sylvia) and he turned bright red. Sylvia then informed him that yes, she did infact speak Spanish. Funny, right?

No comments: