My flight was supposed to leave Chicago on Saturday at 9:05 and we didn't leave until after 10:30 due to major storms that left several flights cancelled and delaying our flight so those people stranded in Chicago could get back to London. When I got on the plane I was very excited to see that there were a lot of empty seats. I thought I would be able to streach out and sleep. Not so much, the filled the plane to the max. It was a long flight. I didn't really like any of the movies playing, so that gave me more of an icentive to sleep. I got three hours of uncomfortable sleep and for the most part relaxed. I was happy to finally arrive in London. I was greeted by Sally Ann and her husband and daughter. Sally Ann and I took the subway and
It was an unheard of nice day in London: sunny and warm! I really enjoyed it, especially because it had been so rainy lately.
I had to find Mike's stop, something that involved three subway line switches.
I could have packed lighter, but I had gifts for people and Grandma Shirley cookies for Mike which added a lot of weight to my suitcase. I'm excited to give these gifts away. It will make my transits a lot easier with a lighter backpack and such. :D
Mike and I walked around for a little while. He took me to the British Museum and I saw the Rosetta Stone, Greek Parthenon, and Mummies!
Grandma Shirley made some cookies for Mike and I to have in London. We decided to enjoy one over a picnic lunch!
For dinner we had some sort of British-Thai chicken stuff. Mike isn't half-bad at cooking.
Monday I went to the National Gallery and the Portrait Gallery. I really like looking at art, so I enjoyed it.
This is a gift given to London by the people of Virginia!
If I'm not more careful I'm going to get hit by a car! I need to remember to look to the other side first!
In the afternoon we went for a walk down the Wall Street of London and to the best shopping district. We went into a Burberry store. I LOVE BURBERRY! Then we went to Buckingham Palace and conincidentally the Queen was in residence. She invited Mike and Me in for tea, but we had to respectfully decline because we had things to do.
Eating Grandma Shirley cookies in front of Buckingham Palace!
A garden near Buckingham Palace!
We had dinner with one of my friends from school who has been in London for the past few days and was leaving the next day for Germany.
Tuesday-Friday I will be in Wellington and then Friday-Wednesday I'll be in Scotland!Busy Busy and Fun Fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment