Friday we went to the San Marcos Outlet mall. Tanger PRIME Outlets. It was fabulous. I really got a lot of bang for my buck. We ate a Bennigans (Ahh...good times) and at night we went back into the city of San Antonio. We did the river tour ride. It was very cool. I guess the river goes in a big circle and then obviously down into the Gulf of Mexico, but on both sides of the river there are hotels, shops, restaurants and even a little port to the downtown mall. It was absolutely beautiful. The weather was nice too, it was a little chilly but with a sweatshirt it was perfect.

On the River tour.
After the tour we went to the Rainforest Cafe. My host mom and I split the Volcano. Now, it's not as amazing as it looks. It looks like 3 scoops of ice cream, but it's really one with two scoops of whipped cream. Plus the cake isn't that great either. Next time, I'll just get a bowl of ice cream.
On Saturday we went to a wildlife ranch. It was this big field/ranch place where they had all these wild animals. Most of the animals were from Africa. It was very entertaining.

The Zebras were cool.
After the Wildlife Ranch we went back to the City to see the Alamo. It was very cool. There were a lot of people there. It was interesting to sit next to someone and hear them speak in English.

Who doesn't look Mexican??? This is behind the Alamo.
We went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum and a wax figure museum. Lots of fun, let me tell you.

Chatting with Oprah.

It says I'm loveable!

Ripley's fun facts about the world. Always thinking of Mrs. Howard!
After the museums we went back to San Marcos so my host dad could look for 4 wheelers. He wants one, but he wasn't going to buy one, so while he looked at 4 wheelers, the girls went back to the outlets. After the outlets Melina, my host mom and I went to the mall because there's a New York and Company there and we had coupons. While we were there the lady asked me where I was from, I said "Galena, Illinois but I'm an exchange student in Mexico." then she asked, "Why are you in the United States then." So I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it's weird for me to go on a vacation in the US.
After our last shopping trip we all went to Cold Stone. YUMMMM! The funny thing is that it was right next to LA Weight loss Center. (Only in the States)
We came home on Sunday during the day.
School has been pretty uneventful. My days have too, now I'm catching up on some reading and painting. I was going to update my blog yesterday but Lieke's house was broken into and her computer (with all her pictures) was stolen. Luckily on Tuesday she burned all her pictures to CDs. I didn't have any of my pictures burned to a CD. I had been putting off prepping and burning my pictures. So yesterday I spent 4 hours with my pictures and now I have a CD. I'm safe!
This weekend I'm going to Lampasos with Lieke and her family. There's some sort of tradition going on where 2,500 cowboys go there and go around and around and around on their horses all day and then there's a big party at night. So, this will be interesting.

2 comments:
Jane - thank you for the postcards. I love you. I'm five now and in preschool. I got fish for my birthday and a boat and weeds. isabelle rose
I lost a tooth. I am in frst grade. thank you for the post cards.
samantha
Hi, Jane - I hope you are having fun (and learning some)! We miss you! Tara
I'm going to be in San Antonio in January.
Post a Comment