This needs to be super quick.
When I returned to Sabinas from Acapulco I had a hard time adjusting to the cold. I went right back into hibernation mode like right after my two week trip with all the exchangers. I would be writing in my journal about Acapulco or updating photos from Acapulco or writing in the blog about Acapulco alone in my room while it's so cold and rainy outside. I tried to read, but that only made me fall asleep (I guess I'm more like my mom than I thought HA!) and so it got to the point I was a little bored, which made me sad, which made me homesick and then the bad weather. So on Friday after I found out there were no parties in Sabinas that night and all I had to look forward to was going around and around and around with the windows down and it being cold and rainy, I had had enough and I said I want to to go Monterrey. I called my French friend and Jean and Liliana (my hotel/restaurant in Monterrey) and things happened. I was on my way to Monterrey.
At night I just went to a friend of Jeremy's (the French guy) house and I watched them play video games and talk to eachother. It was a little strange, but it was activity in a warm house! We went out to eat at midnight and I was dropped off at 1:30, at which point I slept until about 3. Then I was WIDE awake. I tried everything to fall asleep. I read, I listened to music, I counted sheep, I breathed deeply and nothing until 6:30 when Jean (like John) woke up and asked me if I wanted tea or bread to put me to sleep. Desperate, I said yes. So I drank chamomile tea and ate bread with honey and shortly after I fell asleep for three hours. It was nice.
When I woke up I went on messenger and was talking to a friend from Monterrey and we were both talking about how hungry we were, especially for campachanas (the best kind of taco!) until finally, we just went and got one.
I came back to Sabinas last night, fully refreshed (on not very much sleep) and feeling much much better.
Today I'm so excited because we're about to leave to go pick up Mike. This was just convienent because it's just enought time to do a super quick update.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hooray, hooray!! You two have fun. Stay warm!
Post a Comment