Monday, November 03, 2008

Day 4

Today we had some free time in the city. We were supposed to take a tour of a museum in a church, but the church was closed. I thought that was especially funny because it was a Sunday morning.
I walked around with Teryn and we did a little shopping. For lunch we went to a cafĂ©, which we thought would be quick. We were wrong, very wrong. It took about 15 minutes for the waitress to come by and take our order and another hour for us to get our salads. We weren’t all that impressed.


This is the only picture I took on Sunday. The white and red flag is Peru’s and the rainbow colored one is for the Incas and Cusco.

We took a plane back to Lima and arrived around 7. We took a bus from the airport to the University and from there all of us went back to our respective homes. Jessie and I were planning on walking because we live 10 minutes away. Maria Elena, an employee of ISA, insisted that her family could take us home in her van because they were taking a few other students home, too. I think that was the scariest ride of my life. It was in an old mini-van. It kind of reminded me of the blue van we had when was really little when it was on its last wheels, so to speak. We start our journey home and two minutes later the driver slams on his breaks because a combi (a mini-van that serves as public transportation and costs one sol, or 30 cents) runs a stop sign and then we’re stopping and swerving all over the place. All I wanted was to go home! After a half-hour I safely arrived to my house.
When I got back Austry told me that she missed me and thought about me all weekend. Isn’t that sweet?

No comments: