This is Lucy
It was a nice and lazy few days. When I arrived we went to their house and then Emily and I went back to Ingolstadt to walk around. We went into the church and walked around the main streets where all the shopping is located. Then we walked through a park and stopped to have a drink so the dog could have a break, too.
That night the weather was good so we grilled chicken had had potatoes and veggies and wine. After dinner, Emily and I went for a walk to get ice cream and we showed up at 10:04 and the place closed at 10. It figures.
Wedensday Emily and Michael and Lucy took me to Regensburg, about an hour from where they live. We had a nice lunch and then walked around.
I feel like Germany is very dog friendly. Most restaurants have little water bowls for customers who bring their dogs along. It is common to bring your dog to the mall or tie it up outside while you`re at the grocery store.
Wednesday night Emily took me to a Folksfest where there are Beer Gardens and rides and shops. I learned something that night...if someone where to ask me what I thought of when I thought of Germany or Germans I probably would have said the traditional dress and beer (strictly stereotypical). But, I found out that that image is Bavarian, and I got to see people dressed in traditional garb and serve beer and dance. it was very interesting.
Thursday Michael went to pick up his son and came back around 11:30. Since Emily was not feeling so well Michael took his son and me to Burger King for lunch. I got to play with Lucy a lot of the day. She is about 12 weeks old and as cute as can be.
Thursday afternoon I took a train to Starnberg, a small town just outside of Munich.
Torben`s parents have friends there and they were there partly for business and partly for liesure. They invited me to spend a few days with them there. Torben`s dad had to work all day on Friday, so his mom, Susanne, and I spent the day in Munich.
First we took a train into Munich and then we did the hour-long bus tour of the city. We got to see the most important things. For lunch we ate at a traditional Bavarian Beer Garden, Biergarten, complete with the white rock groud and trees. We shared a meal and a GIANT pretzel...oh and a GIANT BEER. It was a mix of lemonade and beer, and delicious.
In the afternoon we walked around some shops and in a church and around some old buildings.
I have seen this several times in Germany. When they are repairing an older building they cover it with a tarp (or something like it) with an image of a building on it. I usually have a double take of it because it looks real, but not quite. I think it is a cool way to do construction.
Saturday Susanne and her friend drove me into the train station in Munich where I took a 5 hour direct train to Zurich to spend a few days with Sue and her family.

No comments:
Post a Comment