After the movie Lieke and I rented How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (I also forget the name in Spanish) and it was in English with Spanish subtitles.
Friday we woke up at 11:40 (well done I think) and went for a walk and she went home. I took a nap and then went to the hair salon to get my hair done with my host mom and Melina for the 15 party that night. The guy that did my hair, his name is Javy (like Havy). He's gay and was wearing girl's black pants and shirt, earrings, eyeliner, a padded bra, and he had beautiful hair. He would be a very pretty girl. He was very nice and talked a lot.
The 15 party was held at the Monte Carlo. It's a more formal than the Taikkiri's (where most 15 parties are held) and it's a lot bigger. I think there were like 600 people there. On all the adult tables there were bottles of Whisky (that's a very popular drink here) and on all the young people tables there was a bottle of vodka.

This is the birthday girl Arleen with Lieke and me. Her dress was HUGE! It was like it was straight from the 1700s. It was pretty but huge. She also had to wear very high heels to be able to walk in the dress. But she only fell once the whole night.

I saw a lot of people that I knew. I think I'm getting better at dancing. I danced with this guy that has this HUGE personality and HUGE smile. He kind of reminds me of my little cousin Brandon (aka Hurricane Hank). I don't think I'm half bad anymore. I just need more practice.
I got a ride home from Chuy, he normally drives a green truck but Friday night he had this big beastie white van. It smelled bad and made funny noises. I didn't feel the safest but I found out today that Chuy is also only 14. I thought he was turning 16 next week but no, he's turning 15. YIKES!
Saturday I got to sleep in again and when I woke up there was PANCAKES!!!!!!! YAYAY I was so excited. At night I went to the disco, but that was after 2 hours of driving around and around and around.

The band that played was Volumen X they were very good. One of my friends that received a CD gave me hers today. So that was pretty exciting.

This is Edgar. He's my aerobics instructor. He's very cool. And those are his glasses.
Sunday my host Mom, Grandma, Melina, Miranda, and I went to the Turbina. It's a park with a river and rocks and waterfall and apparently a restaurant that serves only Carne Asada. It was really good. I went to church at 7 and then Lieke came over and we watched Miss Congeniality 2 (Miss Simpatico 2) and it was in English with Spanish subtitles. So that figures.
Last night Lieke and I went to the movies again. It was the same movie as last Thursday, but it was a pretty good movie...

No comments:
Post a Comment