Well, last Monday I talked about the sex talk that some kids got, well Tuesday, we got it too. It really wasn't a sex talk; it was more of a STD talk. I also went to Monterrey because Miranda has classes on Tuesday afternoons.
Wednesday I didn't feel very well so I stayed home from school and worked on my presentation, uploaded a lot of pictures on facebook. Later at night I made cookies for the Rotary meeting that would take place tomorrow. Oh and it was Grandma's birthday, Happy Birthday Grandma.
Thursday was a very interesting day at school. I looked up and one of the girls in my class was flipping me off. I looked at her and asked why, she said just because. So I accepted the answer and went back to doing whatever I was doing before. I look up again and she's still flipping me off. So I look at her and the teacher sees and asks me what's going on. I say "Soy americana, no comprendo" (I'm American, I don't understand) which everyone knows isn't true, well the fact that I don't understand. Anyway. I also found out something else that is very cool. The same girl that flipped me off told me that I didn't have to go to school for the next week. I thought, sweet! My school is taking exams and since I don't intend on going to school in Mexico I can't take the exams. So I don't have to go to school from Friday to next Monday...
That afternoon I fell asleep watching Beauty and the Beast in Spanish. Lieke came over and we got ready for the Rotary meeting. The food was very very good and my cookies were a hit.
Friday during the day I can't remember doing a whole lot. I woke up at 8:30 and I went for a walk with Melina. At night I met a girl named Martina who is the daughter of a Rotarian and she took us cruising. One of Martina's friends asked Lieke. "de donde eres?" (Where are you from?" and Lieke said "No sé" (I don't know) which was just utterly hilarious to everyone in the car. So then every question asked that night the answer was "no sé," the joke really never got old.
This past weekend I spent in Monterrey with Lieke. My mom had to take Miranda to the dentist and my Grandma came along for the ride. So we left for Monterrey at 10 a.m. so Miranda could be at the dentist before 1. Let me tell you this. This was no dentist office. There was a café, movie theatre, ball pit, game arcade room, air hockey, table games and the list goes on. What kind of dentist office is that????

This is the cutest little bathroom I've ever seen!

So anyway, Lieke and I had a lot of fun in the ball pit claiming we were 18 years old until we thought about how many children had been in there after they'd gone to the bathroom and not washed their hands or were sick. So we got out and enjoyed some ice cream while waiting for Miranda in the "dentist office."
Lieke and I met Elian (Sweden) and Jeremy (France) at the mall to go see a movie. We saw "The Devil Wears Prada" which was in English with Spanish subtitles. After the movie we met up with one of Lieke's friends to go hang out. Well first we had tacos at this place that apparently has another taco stand like it in the Frankfurt, Germany airport. I didn't see it last time because 1) I wasn't looking for it. and 2) I was really tired and wasn't interested in anything to eat because I wasn't sure if it was 10 at night or 5 in the morning. So anyway, one of the guys we were with wanted to teach me to dance (it's a reoccurring theme in my exchange) and it failed miserably yet again so he just ended up flipping me around, he was a football player 250lbs and 6'3''. Pretty big guy.

This is us in the house where we all hung out.
The next day we all went to this industrial park to have a picnic. It was so cool it had a lot of fountains and modern art. There was an anime convention or something going on because there were all these people dressed up. So of course we took the opportunity to take pictures with dressed-up people


and, of course, pleasure chest pictures.

There was also a sidewalk filled with flags of different countries with stone that said the names of the countries so we all got excited and took our pictures near our country. We hung out at the park for 3 hours just walking around and stuff. There was a lake with very little water so we walked out into the middle of it. It was so much fun just hanging out with those guys. Lieke and I took the bus back to Sabinas and the movie "The Legend of Zoro" played. It was in English with Spanish subtitles.
Monday I can't remember very much about but I did sleep until 11:15 and that was delightful. I ran some errands with my family and at night Lieke, Melina and I went to aerobics and after that we went to the movie "Mi Super ex-Novia" which was also in English with Spanish subtitles.
Tuesday I went to Melina's class for an hour and that was interesting. I have completely ruled out a career in teaching 6th grade now. In the afternoon I went to Monterrey and upon arriving home I made French Toast.
Wednesday I went to Laredo and that was about the same as always. It's always fun. We went to the same Chinese buffet as we did last time but this time I found out that ice cream is included in the buffet, so I enjoyed a nice bowl of ice cream too.
This morning I woke up at 8:30 and my host parents and I went out for tacos for breakfast.
Sorry for the long overdue post...

4 comments:
Thanks for the update, Jane! I've been wondering what exciting things you're up to. So, does anyone else wonder what exactly one does at an anime convention?
I"m not sure either. They were just dressed up. Oh and I expect some very good pleasure chest picutures from Korea.
The pleasure chest certainly is spreading.......I keep making everyone here do it, but I'm not sure they get the point.
send me the pics...I need proof
Post a Comment