Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thank GOD for Sweden

I am so thrilled that my friend from Sweden came this past weekend. I would have been so bored without her. Normally my weekends are very fun and very interesting. This one just wasn't. There was a 15 party Friday and there were more kids from the ages 8-11 than 16-20. So that didn't make it very fun. Elin (my friend from Sweden) had never been to a 15 party before, so it was nice for her to see it. We got home from the party by way of Chuy and his big beastie white van. Elin said that that was the crappiest car she had ever ridden in. I told her she should have seen my old car. We got home and started to watch a movie and it was one of my favorites "10 Things I Hate About You" and of course I saw the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes. I have a little more of my mom and aunts in me than I thought. So we woke up super-late on Saturday and went for a walk watched Pirates of the Caribbean, we took Elin around Sabinas and then got ready to go out to go around and around and around. It was fun, Elin thought it was absolutely crazy the going around and around and around because she lives in Monterrey. So we introduced her to that. But the strangest thing happened at 11:30. All of my friends (the ones that are friends with Mariel) said they were tired and wanted to go home. Now, these are the friends that can stay out as late as they want. I'm the oldest one and I have to be home between 2 and 3. So they asked if we wanted to be dropped off with someone else. I didn't really know anyone else because the girls from school have to be home at about midnight or so. They took Elin and me to my house and we went out for tacos at the stand up the street. It was interesting to say the least. Elin is 6 foot and blonde. So there were two tall blondes and they were so eager to serve us and people sitting around us were staring. It's cool but weird at the same time.
We went back to the house and watched a movie and yes, I stayed up for the whole thing.


This is on Friday night at the 15 party.


This is Saturday night before going around and around and around.

Sunday morning I made French Toast for her and everyone else. We went to church and then to the Turbina for Carne Asada. We walked to the movie store and rented "El dia despues de MaƱana" (The Day After Tomorrow) and "Mean Girls." Before we watched a movie I called one of my friends to see if she wanted to watch it with us but she was out with some people going around and around and around. So we decided to join her. For an hour and a half we did that and I guess it was as fun as it could be. We went out for tacos again and then watched the "The Day After Tomorrow."
Elin went to school the next day with me and that was super fun. No one said anything to her about being there. The teachers hardly noticed her. The English teacher said hi and the kids in my class questioned her, but otherwise it was fun.


The three (and only) blondes at school.

After school we watched "Mean Girls" and then Lieke came over and we played dress up!


Me with a gun. Don't worry, it's from the Mexican Revolution and it wasn't loaded.


There was only one outfit, but we all put it on. This is an old school iron. We had a lot of fun.

School has been pretty uneventful. It's the same as always. I think it gets better each day. The boys and other group of girls in my class are very funny and interested in us and what we like to do. I like it better this way. I took a poll about what the kids in my class do during the afternoons here. Of 10 people these were the answers: Watch TV, Play video games, Chat on the computer, and study.
So I guess that's pretty much what I do, which makes me normal. Kind of.
Tomorrow I leave for Tampico! It's on the Gulf of Mexico and I'll meet all the other kids from my district. There are 44 exchange students. There's one boy from the US. I'm excited to meet him. I'll have lots of pictures and things to tell Monday.
I'm tired and I still have to pack!
I will update Monday, I hope.

No comments: