It all started with my housing. I had made plans to move into a room in a townhouse with my friend Tamara. A half hour before I moved in, I got a call from Tamara's roommate saying that she was not moving out. This left me without a room. I scrambled to find housing and ended up living out of my car on Katie's (my second roommate from last year) floor, and my Grandma's house. It was also difficult because I needed help lifting my suitcase and unloading stuff because I couldn't lift anything heavy. I ended up being placed in Katie's apartment with Terra and Sam (my two suite mates from last year). We live in a very small place with a two bedrooms, one bathroom, small kitchen, living room, and bathroom. It's fun to love with them again, but because this place was originally designed for two people, there are only two desks and two Internet connections (in the T.V. area). This makes a study environment practically non-existent.
I am taking five classes.
Fundamentals of Public Relations: The professor is very punny, so it makes it somewhat enjoyable. It involves a lot of reading and there's a campaign project (where we come up with a plan for an on-campus client), a research project, and two exams.
Fundamentals of Advertising: I find this class challenging only because the grade is completely based on multiple choice/ True-False tests. I am terrible at those!
News Reporting 2: I thought this would be a class that I really enjoyed, but it's turning out to be ho-hum. Every other week we have a story due and at the end of the semester we have an in-depth story. So it's quite a bit to do in a short amount of time.
English: I signed up for the class thinking it was 1800s British novels. However, it's mostly poetry. Something at which I am terrible! It's a night class, 6-9, and so it's difficult at the end of the day, but luckily it's only once a week!
Latin American Studies: This is my favorite class this semester. I've learned a lot. I am the only non-International Relations or Political Science student and a lot of the class deals with International Relations theory. I had quite a bit of catch-up to do. The class involves a 1-week trip to D.C.! I am so excited! I leave in early April.
Some fun things I have done this semester.
• I got to catch up with friends. I had forgotten how many really great friends I have here. It's been nice having a car and being able to explore Grand Rapids a little with my friends.
• I went to the President's Ball. Every year the Student Senate holds a dance in honor of the school's president. Sam, Terra, and I went. We ate a nice Italian restaurant beforehand and it was delicious! The manager of the restaurant asked us why we were so dressed up and I told her we were going to the ball!

•I started working out again. I am happy that I have started working out again and building up my strength again. It was a slow start because I wasn't able to lift anything over 25 pounds for awhile.
• I saw my German friend from Mexico in Chicago! (See other blog post)
• I turned 21! (See other blog post)
Recently my life has been homework homework homework. All of my homework that is due during the week I'm in D.C. is due before I leave and two major projects are due the day after I come back. This means I need to get all this work done before I leave for D.C.! It will be crazy the next few weeks, but it will be good.

1 comment:
Jane! great post... I feel so caught up.
and come to Texas.
Post a Comment