School has been pretty uneventful, there isn't much to report. It's actually been pretty boring...except for one thing. On Tuesday one of the girls asked me, "TĂș estudias?" (Did you study) and I looked at her and said, "Por que?" (For what). "Los examens," (the exams) she responds. I must miss these announcements about tests because I had no idea we had a test let alone two. One was in math and one was in Etimology. The math test I took but the Etimology test I didn't because it was a dictated test and I would have had to copy off someone to get the questions and stuff. Anyway, we got our test back the other day and I got an 80%. I was mad...there were 2 I didn't know what he was asking for and three I just didn't read the directions carefully enough. So I was upset with myself. Someone asked me how I did and I said, "Ochenta" Then everyone started talking "The gringa got an 80" "Wow, she's smart" And this isn't because it was in a different language, it was because I was the 3rd highest score in the class. Then I asked if an 80% meant the same thing here as in the US because it's a 'C' and they said yes. So I guess I'm just smart.
Friday there was a girl who sits next to me at school and she had a cold...so guess who has a cold now????? Friday afterschool I went out to eat with a couple of girls from school only to follow them to a party that involved a swimming pool. Needless to say, I didn't have my swimming suit but we all went in anyway. After we got out to dry we played a game where they would only speak English and I would only speak Spanish and the first one to say something in the other language would be pushed in the pool. Well, it was going along fine, I'm starting to think in Spanish. They asked me a question and I thought in English and I said "We" they didn't notice. I thought wow, they didn't notice. And then like a minute later one girl said, "did I hear a we?" and with that I jumped in the pool myself.
I took a nap after the pool and that's when I realized I had a cold. The Bratz were supposed to pick me up at 9:30, but they didn't come until 10:15 and we were going to go around and around and around I made it once around before I decided I was way to sick to be out. So with that they took me home. My mom bought me prescription drugs without a prescription so I slept ok, it wasn't the greatest night though.
Saturday I had to wake up at 8 to go to Monterrey. My mom made pancakes in the morning and that was delightful. Once in Monterrey, my mom had a doctor's appointment so I waited in the waiting room for 1 1/2 hours watching Sony TV. It was bizarre because they don't have the FCC in Mexico and so they can show unedited movies and stuff like that. I heard the f-bomb droped like 10 times during this movie and I laughed everytime I heard it, but no one else around me laughed, so I felt kinda weird. After that doctor's appt. we went to a pharmacy and waited somemore (keep in mind that I don't feel very well, due to my cold. And I tired to sleep but I couldn't and I was wearing my glasses..ugh!) then we went out to eat and I had something that was exclusive to Monterrey and it was very good, but I forget the name of it. My mom and I went to the mall, it was fun. They have a lot of cute shops there. I was desperate for something cold for my throat so I went to my good friends Ben and Jerry. Unfotunately, I didn't get anything that I asked for, and I didn't like what she gave me so I ended up throwing most of it away.
I had an exchange student meeting in Monterrey where I met the exchange students from there. There is are three boys, one from Austria, one from Germany and one from New Zealand. Then one girl from Brasil and one from Sweeden and then Lieke and me. It was fun to see everyone. The boy from New Zealand and the girl from Brasil came last January so they will leave in January.
And I found out that of the 42 exchange student in my district 4130, I have the best grades. I'm the smartest exchange student. Isn't that cool!! See, I really am a smart one!! (number 10 in my class baby! take that gym class!)
Last night I went to the Disco. There was a band playing. Despite being sick and hardly being able to breathe and then going into a smokey disco I had a lot of fun. I knew a few people there and it's fun to dance. I really like the music here.
That's about it...sorry it's been 5 days since my last post! I'm surprised I haven't been chastised by Aunt Mary.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
"The gringa got an 80." I think I'm going to start using that phrase...just kidding. we should really send that post to mr. freed.
I hope your cold is going away. I have the beginnings of one, too. Not fun.
You can forward it to Mr. Freed if you want....I think Mr. Pearson reads the blog, so I'm sure he sees it. And Ellen, having a cold sucks! I'm home from school today because I don't want to infect anyone else and I'm be hacking and gagging and sniffing all day...not fun. Good luck with your cold!
Sarah! I'm glad you identified yourself as puker...I wouldn't have known who it was! Colds are no fun!
I just have a real scratchy throat and am kind of losing my voice. Not sure if it'll turn into a fullblown cold. You're smart to stay home. It's not worth overdoing it.
Not to hijack your comments, but HI SARAH!!
That's what I figure, especially since this year doesn't count for me! I kind of lost my voice today. I only woke up once last night so I'm getting better. I'm not going to school again today because I'm going to Laredo!
Hi miss Jean!!!!
Post a Comment