Friday, August 11, 2006

Almost Un Semana

A couple days ago my host mom and sister, Melina, were talking about the groups of people at school. I said the the school seemed cliqey, not in a snobby way, just that you were friends with your friends and didn´t really hang out with any other group. Well, I found out that I´´m with the Bratz, like the dolls and please refrain from any comments about bratz. The boys have groups too. There are the barbies, candies, strawberries, cherries [funny I know], and the boys have several groups but I only know of the Kens, to go with the Barbies, and McGyvers. On Wednesday after I posted the last blog I was about to take a shower and get ready for bed until I fell asleep, it was only 8:30. Then my host dad says let´s go to Grandma and Grandpa´s house. Needless to say we were gonig to eat [again!] and I had a good time talking with my host grandpa because he´s an English teacher at a University near Acapulco. It was a nice night with a full moon.
The next day at school I had three hours of Math, 2 of Spanish and one of Technology. I understood the Math and I even wentup to the board and answered a question correctly. Everyone was amazed and they clapped for me and I gave a bow.
Late in the afternoon I went to my first Rotary meeting. It´s the wives of the Rotarians. They talked really fast and I caught a little bit. Then we got to eat! I really like the food down here.


These are the wives of the Rotarians and they meet once a month. Leike and I are sitting in the front, just in case you missed us.

Anyway, after that I went out with Mariel and her friends and we went around and around and around and around until we went to see Superman Regresa. It was in Spanish and I caught a few things but it´s okay because Superman es muy guapo. Plus movies here are 25 pesos which is like $2.50 and that is awesome.
Today at school was okay. I had two hours of math and 2 of physics. I understood both which is definately a plus. I also had English and computacion. I went swimming today at Mariel´s friend´s house and got a wee bit sunburned and I´m just about to go out and go around and around and around for like 6 hours.


Saturday morning was my abuelito's birthday and we had a little celebration with breakfast at his house. With cake!


On Saturday night we left the house to go to a party and I assumed we would go right away but no. First we go around and around and around until we stop to eat at 9:15 then we go around and around and around until 12:30 and then we go to the party. And at the party this guy named Fernando taught me how to dance.




I went swimmin at Johanna's house. She had a great house with a great view. The top is my host sister Mariel and me.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Oh Jane, you must make friends with the McGyvers. This blog made me create a blog just to leave you comments. that's odd. And I think it's hysterical that one of your favorite classes is physics...

Jane Newton said...

it is weird that I like physics. Perhaps it´s only because I understand it! And I don´t understand anything else