I took a nap in the afternoon and I was invited out by a group of girls to go to the Ojo de Agua to work out at 5. Well, I was ready at 4:55 and I sat down to watch a soap opera with Melina when at 6:15 the girls showed up to go. So we went and walked around for an hour. We sat down and they made fun of the fact that my face gets red when I get hot. I guess their's doesn't because they're darker and I guess a white girl like me is kind of weird to them. Then we got in the car and went around and around and around until 8:40 when I went home and made cookies.
I made pearnut butter cookies which turned out to be quite an experience. I had never made peanut butter cookies before and I had to sub in a few ingredients. So it tasted alright but looked a little funky. Melina helped me a lot and we had quite a bit of fun. I burned myself a few times and ate a lot of cookie dough. While we were making the cookies my host mom came in and told me that I was working out with the "Cherries." Which is extremely funny and she said that I could become a Cherry or be half Cherry half Brat. I thought it was funny.

Melina and I clearly enjoyed our time baking cookies.
Today at school I witnessed a fight and was almost a part of it. One girl went up to another girl and started yelling in Spanish and the other girl said something back. So it went back and forth and I sat down because I had no idea what was going on so I just sat there. Then, it got physical and they were going at it and backed up and luckily I moved just in time because one girl swung her fist, the other ducked, and I would have had a black eye. So that was a close one. After the active morning before school, I had 2 hours of Phisics, English, Etimology, and 2 hours of Math. In physics we talked about the gravitational field and then English, I'm not sure about. In Eti, I realized the my teacher knows nothing and has not interest in the subject. The school is just short teachers so he teaches it. He's really a gym teacher. (hehehehe) Then before math I whipped out the cookies and they were a success. People wanted seconds and I walked out of the school with no cookies left. I'll have to make more, but next time I think I'll make chocolate chip.
So I think I will nap now, I'm going out at 9 to go around and around and around and around.

4 comments:
Hi Jane! Koreans laugh at me because my face turns red when I'm hot or embarrassed, too. One day at my last school, I tripped in front of my whole class of elementary school kids. I just missed landing flat on my face. Good recovery. When I regained my ompusure, one of my little troublemakers blurted out, "Teacher face very red! HAHAHAHA." And of course, the rest of the class followed suit. Koreans have no problem about pointing out physical "flaws" (fat, zits, red face, big nose, etc.) and laughing about them. I guess it's all part of the experience. It sounds like you're doing great! I love your updates.
...And you always yelled at me for eating lots of cookie dough. haha. Sounds like cookies are a good way to make friends, almost better...n/m. Best of luck with the lit. I have to go see Steph one more time. I'll reminder her to name her son Oedi.
Quoting Mike: I'll reminder her to name her son Oedi.
That means "where?" in Korean.
Well almost better than what, Mike???? Acutally I know exactly what you're talking about...it took me a second, but I got it. Oh and I don't think Steph is working anymore. Her baby is due on Monday. But my parents have her address and I'm sure she'd like a little note as a reminder. And make sure you put my name on the card!
Post a Comment