Well, Ihad a very hard time getting up this morning because of lack of motivation. I just wanted to sleep. Last night I watched Bella y la Bestia with my two little sisters and I understood a little. Then I tried to read a childen´s book in Spanish and understood that a little.
Lieke, from Holland, and I stick out like sore thumbs at school. We are both 5´7´´, white and blonde. People touch our hair all the time. Our classmates are teaching Leike the basics of Spanish because she doesn´t know anything about Spanish. They weren´t trying to teach me because I know a little bit. Then the teacher saw that bI was not being taught and said I was shy. Then I told him I wasn´t shy and he didn´t believe me. So for now, I am the shy American Girl.
I had philosophy again today and didn´t understand a thing, I had algebra and understood, Español no comprendo, History no comprendo, Computers no comprendo. Now here was the best part of the day. Since everone knows that gym is my favorite class in the entire world I was so looking forward to 50 minutes of phisical activity. But no one told Lieke and me to bring gym clothes so we stayed inside for a Power Point presentation about gym. It was the most satisfying gym class.
I have no books yet for school, but Mariel has books from last year. And since I received my first homework assignment today to read 27 pages about the first 6 presidents of Mexico I figured I needed the books. The schoo, is telling me I need to purchase new books, but I think it´s a waste of money because number 1 it´s only a different publishing year, no text is different. number two I don´t understand it anyway. It´s far too advanced spanish for me. Therefore I don´t think I need new books. Maybe I can argue my way. But probably not because the extent of my Spanish isn´t that great.
I watched the movie of Mariel´s quincñera and it was just massive. Definately bigger than my parent´s wedding. I saw my host grandpa and he looks just like Vincente Fox. No joke, the spitting image. Then I took a 2 1/2 hour nap before going around and around and around for an hour and a half with Mariel and now I´m writing to all my fans. I´m gonig to read the Spanish-English dictionary.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment