Sunday, August 13, 2006

Estados Unidos

I make this post from the United States. I am in Laredo, Texas to drop my host sister off as she makes her way to Freeburg, IL. The weather is very nice here and I like it a lot. It took us 2 hours to cross the boarder today. We hung out at the mall for a while and now I'm at the hotel. I made some progress today with my Spanish. I told the "Do you want a sandwich with Ham" story and they understood so that was very cool. Well, now I am going to go swimming. Everyone have a nice night.

4 comments:

adventures in Deutschland! said...

I LOVE THAT STORY!!! :) I'm glad you're making progress.

Jane Newton said...

Good, I'm glad you're jealous. It's totally awesome! The food is wonderful! I hope I don't weigh like 200 pounds by the time I come home. My host dad keeps saying if I eat I will become Gordita. And I told him that wouldn't happen. So, yeah, cody Have you heard from your Agent yet? And brit you leave in 10 days????????

Mike said...

I was going to ask about rotary rules concerning returning to this country, but then i read cody's comment. I don't WANT to be an ambassador, I want to go to college in the states. arg. too late i guess. you'll have to tell me next time you go, then we'll BOTH be in TX.

E.M. Herbert said...

JANE!!!!!

Thanks for posting a link to your site on mine. I just read through everything you have posted here. I laughed right out loud each time you describe going "around and around and around and around." How funny! What an adventure you're having. I'll check back regularly. Know that you're well remembered in my prayers from this side of the world.

Ellen